- Category: Sentencing
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 16 August 2016 14:17
- Hits: 1068
Colorado Motion is a unique, four week program that combines the concepts of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and physical activity to help young people improve their lives. During group sessions, participants learn life skills around communication, resilience, and perseverance through weekly curriculums in the following format:
- Check In: Depending on the week, check in consists of goal setting, homework check in, relationship questions, scaling questions, and the miracle question.
- Physical Activity: During the physical activity, the counselor moves around to each of the kids to build a positive relationship.
- Check Out: Check out will include a series of solution focused oriented questions designed to increase the likelihood of turning goals into reality.
- Homework: Studies indicate that action is more likely to occur when the therapist does not assign a physical action, so homework will be mental exercises.